Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Very First Birchbox!

One of the blogs I read regularly is The Small Things Blog. That's where I learned about this awesome site called Birchbox.

Aside from being a great website to find beauty products for men and women, they offer a monthly subscription-based service where for $10 a month you receive a box with 5ish sample sizes of their hottest products. I'm not really in-the-know about all the season's trends and whatnot, so for me this is a great opportunity to find out.

I signed up for Birchbox last month, so I got my first box today. I was so excited to open it when I got home from work!


This month's Birchbox is Gossip Girl themed. I was a little concerned, since I'm not a huge fan - but I shouldn't have been worried at all.


The contents of this box are great. I was secretly hoping for a nail polish in my first box, because my old ones are getting boring. I was not disappointed!


And I got one! The contents of this month's box are:

* Arquiste L'Etrog Perfume [$165]
* beautyblender (helps keep your makeup brushes in good condition) [$17.50]
* Color Club Foil Collection Nail Polish in "Disco Nap" [$8]
* Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream [$32]
* A yellow twistband Skinny Headband [6 pack, $20]
* Extra: notecards!

My favorite part of the birchbox is definitely the polish. :)


I was worried that the polish would be really thin and would require 4 or 5 coats, but this picture is after only 1 coat and you can see how good the cover is. It also goes on very smooth - I am in love!



I also really like the headband. It's really comfy and doesn't pull at all - perfect for those quick updos when you're on the go.


I put on the Waterfuse BB Cream this morning, and I love it. It really smoothed out my skin without making it look like I have a tone of makeup on, and did a really good job of making the shine disappear from my forehead. The only thing in this box that I didn't really care for was the perfume. Don't get me wrong -- it smells good, it's just not my style.

If you're interested in signing up for your own Birchbox account, you can do it here. If you do - let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I just got my first Birchbox about...15 minutes ago! The nail polish is definitely my favorite part, too. Well, and that super cute little notecard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I'm planning on using that notecard soon with an engagement gift I'm about 6 months late on sending... shhhh... :)

      Delete