Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Ideas

Since Ryan and I aren't celebrating Valentine's Day this year (we're saving our money for a big trip next month!), I'm not making anything this year. But I don't want to leave you all high and dry with no ideas, so take a look at some of my favorite ideas from around the web.


How to make a perfect heart shaped cake when you don't have a heart shaped pan!
(via About.com)

2 ingredient strawberry fudge


Red Velvet Crepes (breakfast in bed anyone?)
(at Tidy Mom)


A delicious spin on the standard chocolate covered strawberries - stuffed with cheesecake!


Homemade strawberry oreos - yummm!


Red Velvet Martini - for a sweet end to dinner!

And finally, for the bacon-loving man in your life:


Bacon roses! 

Last year, I did make Ryan a treat for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures left, but I baked bacon into the shape of a heart, then dipped it in chocolate. Yeah.... they didn't last long.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment